Student Guardian Visa holders wanting to travel overseas

If you are holding a Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580), read this before your plan to travel outside of Australia.

Student Guardian Traveling Overseas

You cannot leave Australia without your nominating student(s), unless you have made alternative welfare arrangements. You must provide evidence that:

  • there are compassionate or compelling reasons

  • you have made suitable alternative arrangements for the accommodation, general welfare and support of the nominated student(s) until your return.

Alternative Welfare Arrangements

Alternative Welfare Arrangements

These must be approved by Immigration and the student's education provider. There are 2 ways you can make alternative welfare arrangements.

  1. Nominate another student guardian. Usually they must be a parent/relative. Provide the 157N Form along with the education provider's approval letter/email and the required documentations.

  • A relative could be siblings, grandparent, aunt or uncle of the student.

  • A guardian must be over 21 years old and is of good character.

  1. The student's education provider can make these arrangements and provide a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter.

You will be advised if the alternative welfare arrangements have been approved.

If you don't abide by the conditions of your Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580), your visa and your nominating student's visas may be cancelled.

Sophos Migration Specialist Can Help

Contact our registered migration agent, Anna Molina (MARN 1461034), today at or +614 01543995 for assistance with your Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580) or any other Australian migration matters.

#StudentGuardian #InternationalTravel #VisaCondition #Eng

Featured Posts
About the Author

Anna Molina (MARN: 1461034) is the principal registered migration agent at Sophos Migration Specialist located in Perth, WA. She holds a bachelor degree from the University of Western Australia and a Postgraduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practices from Murdoch University. She is also a member of the Migration Institute of Australia and Migration Alliance.


Book a consultation with her today

Registered Migration Agent:

Anna Molina

Sophos Migration Specialist

ABN 26 564 584 009

Connect online:

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean

Address: 30 Hope Street, Beechboro

                 Western Australia, 6063


Tel:          + 614 01 543 995

Skype:     sophosmigration

Line:        annabenjung

© 2021 Sophos Migration Specialist. All rights reserved.